Engineering Manager (Technical Manager)
Job no: 492515
Work type: Permanent Full Time
PropertyGuru is Asia’s foremost online property group. Present in nine markets, it helps over 25 million people find their dream home – every month.
PropertyGuru brings insightful content on new homes, as well as essential market news and information, to people’s fingertips – helping them make confident property decisions. With innovative technologies, PropertyGuru raises the bar on how property-seekers find their dream home, offering highly interactive and immersive experiences.
PropertyGuru also provides data and technology-backed solutions to real estate developers and agents, helping them sell property faster and enabling more effective sales forces.
Starting out as a property search portal in Singapore, PropertyGuru was founded by two entrepreneurs with a vision to simplify the property search process and to help buyers, sellers and investors make more informed property decisions – faster. Today, the Group manages a suite of No.1 property search portals in the region, and also covers publications, events, awards, and more.
For more information, please visit propertyguru.com.
You have a passion for your craft and a strong desire to grow as professional. You are excited by the challenges of enormous complexity and have the leadership ability to motivate a team of software engineers to take those challenges head on.
You have strong feeling of good software design and architecture. You know through experience that the software lifecycle doesn’t end with committing the code into repository.
You strongly believe that effective communication and collaboration is key to building great software products.
Engineering managers at PropertyGuru provide the leadership needed to build high quality features and products that help millions of people in Southeast Asia find their dream home.
Leading the User Management and growth team, you will be responsible for building the growth engine that will drive user engagement and personalization optimized to the segment of one. You will also contribute actively to cross-cut projects as we build the property platform for future.
- Provide technical leadership to major projects, build and lead a high-performance engineering team of 8-12 engineers.
- Be responsible for engineering roadmap and execution from concept to delivery.
- Together with your team, architect and design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions.
- Convey the vision of design to various stakeholders. Work closely with other Engineering Leaders, Product Management and Consumer Lifecycle Marketing, and enable them by providing scalable and high-quality technology solutions at a rapid pace
- Inspire and encourage the team while ensuring that team dynamics continue to be healthy and that team cohesion is high.
- Give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to the recognition of your engineers and not just yourself.
- Evaluate performances regularly and share and seek feedback.
- Set up best practices for development and overlook its adoption.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent English, spoken and written - Communicates effectively in all situations and creates an environment of open and effective communication.
- Strong decision-making skills, metric-driven operations and ability to motivate and maximize productivity in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on technical experience with architecting and building large scale, highly available production level consumer applications.
- Proven experience of working with legacy codebase.
- Significant knowledge and experience with various development practices, programming languages, technologies.
- Ability to work with multiple levels of the organization with key stake holders.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering or MBA from premier institutes preferred.
- 10-12 years of software development experience, with at least 2 years in managerial/leadership capacity.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend