Make A Real Difference At PropertyGuru.
Real Aspirations. Real People. Real impact.
At PropertyGuru Group, we believe that every person – no matter what their circumstance – should have a place to call home. That’s why we’ve been on a mission to transform how people find, finance and own home across Southeast Asia over the last 13 years.
Voted by property seekers as “Asia’s Most Influential Brand for Online Property Search”, PropertyGuru enables real-world aspirations through digital transformation and constant innovation. Every day, the work that we do has a real and positive impact on thousands of lives.
As an employee, you’ll be empowered by our community work culture, where everyone has the autonomy, support and resources to do the best work of their careers. As we evolve our journey to help people make confident property decisions, we stay true to our core values to guide the way we work and the decisions we make every step of the way: we own it and deliver it, we have fun and celebrate success, we respect and care for each other, we push beyond good, and we create what’s next.
The role of the Finance Shared Services Manager (FSSM) is critical to ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance Accounting department and will be instrumental in the successful design, implementation, transition and sustainability of our future operating model. FSSM will effectively manage the core of the Finance function in terms of number of resources and transaction volume.
You will be given full responsibility of managing a Finance Shared Services Centre. Heading a team which supports company size of about 500 employees across 4 countries in SEA, you will be expected to ensure tasks and projects are allocated efficiently to ensure personal development, a high level of mentorship and guidance, identifying (and where appropriate scheduling) any technical or skills training requirements. The organization and coordination of this team will be critical to the success of not only the Shared Services team but the remainder of the finance and business teams.
- The Shared Services Group will be responsible for AR & AP transactional related processes that will serve as a basis for the Finance function of the group to perform their functions and activities
- Responsible for monitoring the full Accounts Receivable (AR) cycle from customers’ invoice generation to receipts and Accounts Payable (AP) cycle from suppliers’ invoice processing to payment
- Be accountable for month end closing procedures, reporting as well as analysis and review
- Take the lead in process and system issue resolution with other stakeholders of the company
- Set objectives and define development plans for direct report(s) in line with department objectives
- Day to day supervision of direct report(s) and workloads
- Team’s mentorship, leadership and motivation
- Monitor the team KPIs and guide members to meet agreed upon SLAs
- Responsible for best practices research, recommendations, and implementation.
- Develop and maintain processes and systems to support AP, AR functions
- Effectively coordinate with other members for the Finance function, the region and corporate to balance clients expectations with team’s resources and workloads.
- Develop/implementation of control matrix
- Ensure controls underpinning the production of financial data are appropriately designed and operating effectively
- Maintain procedures and controls documentation
- Provision of information to auditors
- Be involved in ad hoc continuous improvement projects as required by the region
- Degree or Diploma in relevant field (Commerce, Finance, Accounting) or equivalent with professional qualifications e.g. ACCA/CPA/MIA
- At least 5 to 8 years in Finance & Accounting, including a minimum of 2-3 years relevant working experience within Finance Shared Services Centre
- Managed Finance Shared Services Centre in a mid-size/large organization
- Knowledge and experience in ERP/Accounting systems with preference to Netsuite system is a plus.
- Resource and Project Management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to communicate and persuade at all levels
- Willing to accept the challenge of building/mentoring the team to a high service level standard and continuous improvement of processes
For more corporate information, please visit https://www.propertygurugroup.com/
PropertyGuru Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative and learning environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to gender, identity, race, religion, nationality, age, marital status, disability, or any other protected status, per applicable law. If there is anything we can do to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.